Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Response to Overlapping talas

This is a response to Ramesh's blog on "Overlapping talas", since i couldn't embed audio widgets in comments.

Ramesh is great in finding this kind of interesting tidbits within songs. I still can recall the song "Famous" from "Bombay Dreams" where somewhere in between, there will be a very fraction of delay / pause but the song will never seem to be mis-timing. And I never noticed that before hearing from Ramesh.

Coming to the discussion of the current post on Kannalane song from Bombay, I listened it, especially the interlude part of this discussion. However, in this interlude, I jsut see a simple 4 / 4 timing. I guess, ARR has introduced the "gubu subu" phrase at odd places with a little interesting Tabla march (2 / 2 kinda edhirnadai maybe). Below is the wma file, to support me, that I recorded the interlude with my clapping and pronunciation of 'tha ka thi mi tha ka ju nu". May be you will best hear the bolded part, since i needed breath inbetween. May be I'm missing something, please let me know in that case. While listening, please dont be confused since i started recording from the "tha ka ju nu" part of the previous bar.

Below is the recorded one.

Knnalane
Knnalane.wma
Hosted by eSnips

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Jerald, I have replied to this on my blog.