Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Recently I listened to the songs of 'Vaaranam Ayiram'. As usual, in all the songs, there are loads of obvious Harris patterns. But these familiar patterns, didn't stop me enjoy the songs, after listening couple of times. Mundhinam, Nenjukkul and Anjala will be my top list. Composition, recording and singers selection speak for the professional excellence of Harris Jeyaraj. You can see many acoustic guitar preludes / interludes in his composition. In that sense, 'Mundhinam' and 'Nenjukkul' are the songs pulling me with the acoustic guitar. Support of rhythm guitars, may be 12 Strings?, is sweet.

But beyond all these, it is the voice of Naresh Iyer, Hariharan and Karthik that duck me to turn them on while driving. Though Prashanthi, in 'Mundhinam', seemed to me, like false voice on high notes, still her voice is a bait. Though, I usually don't like songs like 'Anjala', this song is an exception for me. If I carefully listen to this song, I really enjoy the variety of beauty added by Karthik, from the pronunciation to the 'gamagam'.

Hats off to the work.

0 comments: